just hangin’ out with my
crested geckoBABY DRAGON
The reason why the room was pink was because on black and white film, hues of red become dark shades of black. Pink is the perfect balance to give it that dark creepy grey.
A related fun fact: while old black and white film was under-sensitive to reds, it was correspondingly over-sensitive to greens. Actors whose characters were meant to have unnaturally pale complexions - like Morticia Addams - would often take advantage of this by wearing makeup with a green base tint in order to make their faces “pop”. This is where the modern trope of cartoon vampires having green skin comes from.
These are some fun fucking facts
When Jack Warner was casting the movie My Fair Lady, Julie Andrews, who played the original Eliza Doolittle on Broadway, was overlook for the part, that was given to Audrey Hepburn.
That made her available to accept Mr. Disney’s invitation to play Mary Poppins.
At the 22nd Golden Globes, when she won the best actress award (she was up against Audrey for My Fair Lady), she had her sweet revenge.
how to shade, with class.
"I neuter was something wrong with this." [x]
SOMETIMES I FORGET HOW BIG MOOSE ARE
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN
Everyone knew it
exclusively represented in USA by astound www.astound.us
To celebrate Books and Hot Chocolate’s latest follower milestone, I decided to hold a mini giveaway featuring the books I’ve read and re-read so far this first half of the year :)
- Must be following booksandhotchocolate (this is exclusive for my followers only)
- Reblog and like for a chance to win. You can reblog several times but please don’t spam your followers. NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS.
- There will be three winners getting one book each.
- Winners may choose ANY book written by any of the authors featured above.
- Books may be hardcover or paperback but must be under $20 (Canadian dollars)
- This will be available worldwide (wherever) The Book Depository ships.
- You must be willing to give your shipping address away to me.
- The winners will be randomly chosen through a random number generator
- Keep your ask box open so I can contact you if you win. The winners have 24 hours to reply back to me via messaging (NOT fan mail)
- The giveaway ends August 5th, 2014
- If you have any questions ask me here (I will not answer anon questions)
the fact that there are animals who can see colors that i cant which means that there are colors that exist that it is literally impossible for me to envision is such fucking bullshit that i wanna rip open a couch and eat it
Humans have 3 types of rods for processing color (red green and blue). Mantis Shrimp have 16.
Fucking shrimp. I will NOT be jealous of food.
How many times can you wear it between washes?
Huh. I think this is the most important thing I’ve ever reblogged.
they’re like tiny 8-legged cats
how can anyone hate them
Spiders are huge derps, pass it on.
My dad used to work as a mechanic in Arizona and he said that wild tarantulas would just wander into the shop and try and cuddle with the mechanics under the trucks. Spiders really dig car exhaust smell for some reason and they would be like “ah yes this human smells nice let me sit on your face while you’re working or perhaps climb into your pocket and see what you have” and the mechanics would keep shooing the spiders out but the spiders would follow them back like “No why would you leave me human friend??”
THAT IS SO CUTE
reblogging for the story, eeee
spiders are the derpiest things though like have you ever played with a spider and a laser pointer, because I thought my lizards chasing the laser was adorable but leT ME TELL U, BLACK WIDOWS CHASING LASERS IS FRICKEN ADORABLE
So I hate spiders but this makes them seem a bit cuter lol
Yeah no I still aint fucking with no spiders
how game of thrones should end
#khal drogo just #descends from the heavens #on a flaming stallion #punches everyone in the face #and sits his fine dothraki ass down on the iron throne #until daenerys shows up #then he stands #dusts the seat off a bit #and steps aside for his khalessi
just put it directly into my mouth
no one’s going to help you eat a puppy
Page 1 of 201